Wednesday, March 25, 2015

she said “it’s that time of the year again”

 

121She told dad, he didn’t believe her. She told him again, and he laughed at her, saying it’s only March.

I didn’t understand, until he called her into the kitchen the next day and said those really bad words………Quigley’s got a tick. Now I’m not sure what I told you so means, but mom said it over and over and over again. It seemed a little bit of overkill if you ask me, cause it was just one little tick.

But mom had to hold my face while dad pulled it out. Oh she cooed and kissed me, told me what a good boy I am, and I even got a treat when it was all over. but---

Then they had to put the medicine on my neck, and I don’t like the smell, and it makes me sad, and I pout and fuss. And then for a full day I look sad, just like in my picture.

But not to worry, I am all better now. I’m happy and dancing around. And don’t have to think about ticks or that smelly medicine for one whole month.

So here’s to not being sad, and mom never having to say I told you so to dad ever again.

Love the tickless,

Quigley

No comments:

Post a Comment