Friday, May 9, 2014

So I was thinking…..

 

DSC00002I should write a book. Oh not a book on living the life of a lucky dog, but a” how to” book.

I know lots of stuff, like how to protect our house, and neighbors and front doors and mail men. Mom says I’m very brave, oh yeah, I protect my brub too.

I know how to let mom know, dad is on his way home. I can tell when the phone rings and it’s him. I can hear his truck at least 5 minutes before he gets home. I just know stuff.

I know when mom puts certain shoes on, that she is going somewhere. I can even tell by her shoes if we are going with her or not. I know when it’s time to eat, by the music on the show’s she watches, I’m just one really smart little girl.

But I also know how to wake mom up in a gentle loving way. Like last night, she said it was about 3 am and I really needed to go out. I only do my business out there, I don’t have a special room in the house like they do. Any way, I really wanted to go out, but everyone was asleep. So I leaned over to mom and touched her head, lightly, and sighed, then I put my head on top of hers and sighed. I repeated the head touching, sighing, the head on head movement, sighing and then licked her face, again, very gently . It worked, she smiled, I can see in the dark too. She got up, encouraged Quigley to come along, cause she knew as soon as we got back into bed if he hadn’t come along, she’d just have to do it all over again.

And out we went. I’m so smart. And lucky for us, we have such a patient mom.

Hope you always get to go out when you need to, and that someone loves you as much as our mom loves us.

The maybe author,

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment