Sunday, January 20, 2013

Who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks?


DSC01948Oh no, not us. We are young and always learning dogs. I mean dad. He has a habit, and a bad one I think. He forgets to take the blanket off of the couch when he is done with it. Now it’s a big couch, but I have a spot. MY spot, not a blankie spot, not a keyboard spot, not even an Annie spot. It’s MY spot and my name is there to prove it.
Anyway, dad has not been allowed to sleep with us, since mom has been so sick. She doesn’t want him to get it. I guess, we are immune since she hasn’t banned us. So he can do whatever he wants, sleep when and wherever. And believe you me, he is taking full advantage of it.  So this morning after we got mom up. we went to find dad. and got him up too. Mom put us out, made coffee, mumbling the whole time. And then it was time to hit the couch.
But what did my wandering eyes find? The tip of that blasted blanket on my spot. So I started my training. I stood there, with my head on My part of the couch, and out of the corner of my eye, looked at him. Mom was in on the training part and she said “He wants on the couch” Dad said,” it’s only a little  bit of the blanket”. But I held fast, and continued to look at him. Mom said “you know how he is, he won’t get on until you move it”. So dad got up, moved it the quarter of an inch, and up I jumped.
I’m sure his training isn’t over yet, but I’m strong and will carry on, until he learns.
Have a wonderful day. Please don’t get my mom’s sick. She hasn’t been out of the house in 4 days.  And we miss her on our walks.
Remember to always be sure your spot on the couch is just the way you like it.
Love, Quigley

1 comment:

  1. Sorry moms is sick :( that nasty bug is going around everywhere. Take care

    ReplyDelete