Friday, August 2, 2013

How do you do little bug?

 

DSC_1825We have lots of critters in our back yard. Bunnies, voles (mom says they are nothing more than mice with a different name) squirrels, chip monks, fish and the random cat.  Lots of pretty birds, red one’s and blue one’s. Dove’s and pigeons. It’s a cornucopia of sounds and sights.

But last night there was something strange and REALLY loud outside of our back door. I have to admit, I didn’t want to go out after hearing all those new and strange sounds. Mom and dad said it was safe that they were cicada’s . (Whatever that is) And that they come around every 7 years or so and they wouldn’t hurt us. I’ll take their word for it, but I’ll probably have to be told again by time they come back. I’ll be a big boy by then and I’m sure they won’t upset me as much. But, sissy may still be afraid, so I’ll take care of her then.

Hope your evenings are quiet and your yards are green.

Loving you with a bow and a smile,

Quigley

No comments:

Post a Comment